Are You a Carer?
If you are, please let us know and we may be able to help you.
Please see below for more information:
- A guide to care and support – Information for carers and people who have care and support needs
- Caring for someone – Advice on providing care, medicines etc.
- Care after hospital – Providing care for people who have been recently discharged from hospital
- Taking a break – Caring for someone can be a full-time job – find out about accessing breaks and respite care
- Support and benefits for carers – Caring for someone can be a full-time job – find out about accessing breaks and respite care
- Work and disability – Guidance, support and help with employment issues
- Being a young carer – Advice for carers 18 or under and their entitlement to support
There is a wealth of information on NHS Choices about carers and caring.
Finance and Law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- Benefits for carers – Directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role
- Benefits for the under 65s – Advice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to
- Benefits for the over 65s – Advice and information on financial support for older people with a disability or illness
- Carer’s assessment – How your benefits may be affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits
- Other benefits – Advice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring
Contact Carers Direct
Telephone: 0808 802 0202
Lines are open 08:00 – 21:00 Monday to Friday, 11:00 – 16:00 at weekends. Calls are free from UK landlines.