If you have any special needs, please let our staff know so that we can help and ensure you get the same support in the future.
Our purpose built surgery has been specially designed to make it easier for disabled patients to visit.
- There are no steps at the entrance of the building, giving patients easy wheelchair access. If you require help with access to the surgery there is a call button at the front door which will call through to our reception desk.
- We have a wheelchair available for patient use kept in the waiting room should you require one whilst visiting our premises.
- We have large doorways to reception, which will accommodate most personal mobility scooters.
- Reception and all clinical rooms are on the ground floor.
- Wheelchair access is available at the front of the surgery and we have toilets for the disabled.
Disabled Parking – Blue Badge Scheme
There are a number of disabled car parking spaces available immediately outside the front entrance of the surgery.
The blue badge scheme is for people with severe mobility problems. It allows blue badge holders to park close to where they need to go.
We have a loop induction system at the reception desk to assist with hearing impairment. For more information on the loop hearing system, visit the Hearing Link website.
- British Deaf Association
- The Deaf Health Charity – SignHealth
- Action Hearing Loss
- Royal Association for Deaf People
- National Deaf Children’s Society
If you or your family members are blind or partially sighted, we can give you a large print version of our practice leaflet upon request. Please ask reception for further information.
For more advice and support for blind people, please see the following websites:
- Royal National Institute of Blind People (RIND)
- British Wireless for the Blind Fund
- British Blind Sport
Guide dogs are welcome at the surgery but we ask that you be aware of other patients and staff who may have an allergy or fear of dogs. Guide dogs remain the responsibility of their owner at all times when on the premises.
Translation Service – DA Languages
Please let us know if English is not your first language and if you would benefit from using an interpreter. We will make a note of this on your records.
Please inform us, ideally when you make your appointment, if you need the services of an interpreter. We can arrange for one to be provided through the DA Languages service in advance and your appointment need not be unduly delayed.