If you are a new patient wishing to register, you can do so using our online registration form. If you need to see the doctor, this will be arranged.
If possible, please bring photo identification as proof of who you are such as a passport or driving licence. If you do not have photo identification, a paper driving licence or utility bill will be acceptable. We will also require the name and address of your previous doctor, and your ten digit NHS number.
If you subsequently change your name, address or telephone number, please let us know immediately.
If you are currently taking any prescription medication it also helps to bring in your last repeat slip or medication boxes, as the information from your previous surgery may take a while to arrive.
Although Patients may express a preference to receive services from a particular GP, patients will be allocated a GP at the time of registering. Patients may make appointments with any clinician except in the event of an emergency when only a duty GP will be available to see.
Temporary Residents Registration
To register as a temporary patient, please complete our online registration form.
- If you are ill while away from home or not registered with a doctor but need to see one, you can receive emergency treatment from the local GP practice for 14 days. After 14 days, you will need to register as a temporary or permanent patient.
- You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months which will allow you to be on the local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP. After three months, you will have to re-register as a temporary patient or permanently register with the practice.
Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary patient although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.
The surgery serves North Walsham and surrounding villages within a five mile radius, please see the practice boundary checker.
Out of Area Patients Registration
Can I register at Paston if I live outside of the surgery boundary?
Yes, patients whose home addresses are outside of the surgery’s normal boundary area can still register at the surgery as an ‘out of area’ registered patient.
How do I register as an ‘out of area’ registered patient?
As an ‘out of area’ registered patient you are still required to complete the registration form. Once registered, you will still be offered a new patient appointment with a doctor where clinically appropriate.
What is the difference between a fully registered patient and an ‘out of area’ registered patient?
The only difference is we are unable to provide home visits to ‘out of area’ registered patients. In cases where these are deemed clinically appropriate, this service will be provided by an alternative provider. This will be suggested by the NHS East Anglia Area Team who will be responsible for ensuring you receive the care you require.
Please note, your acceptance at the surgery is subject to:
- The doctor checking your patient questionnaire
- It being clinically appropriate for your registration to continue
- There being adequate cover from a local surgery who has opted in to cover other surgeries for home visits if required.